Monday, October 11, 2010

Knowing Our Elements

"You were so in your element. You had all this energy and looked so happy."

Grace said this to me after we took our day trek to Kernala, a few hours outside of Mumbai. I didn't realize that I was that much different from my regular self but after some thought, I really think she's right. When I see Grace she really lit up coming to Mumbai, a cosmopolitan city. You can see her energy level soaring with each beating moment of hustle and bustle. With Ngoce, she is totally in her element in Mysore with her yoga practice. When you see her practice, her bodies flows with elegance and a serenity washes over her. And I guess with me, when I am out in nature, I love the feeling of the dirt crunching beneath my feet, and the air is so sweet - I really find a quiet happiness inside.

And then I thought... if we have something that we really enjoy or love why not do more of it. So find that element that makes your heart beat and build that into your life and make sure you do more of it! It's a simple concept, so simple I think we tend to forget.

I am grateful to be traveling and having my experiences thus far, but I am also looking forward to SF and the great nature that nor cal offers. I think I definitely can do more hikes and will make longer trips each year... so with that thought, I want to thank Margaretta and Marvin for my first introductions to backpacking last year. This was when I really fell in love with nature and this love I know will continue to grow.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, sistah! I miss these talks. You are so inspirational. Life is far to short to be unhappy. It's important that we follow our dreams and take the path that leads to happiness. I am still working on it, with the help you've provided. You, on the other hand, have found that happiness. I am SO thrilled for you :D

    ReplyDelete