Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Change

Hiyers, Grace here.

What is it about change? Why is it so sad?

I bawled for 2 days. Literally, crying with my shoulders shaking, sobbing uncontrollably.

Yesterday, I was beyond sad to leave NY. The unknown was unnerving. My love for the city, my friends, my best friend, and my boyfriend was overwhelming.

I kept thinking, Why? Why am I leaving a perfectly happy life? Why am I leaving behind people who I love and cherish?

I am 30 you know. Isn't time to make some real decisions and commitments? And yet, off I go again.

Although it's only 3 months, I feel as though it's a change of an era.

Why did this adventure choose me to come now?

Today.

When I flew in HK,

I was unfamiliar with the backdrop and the small fire lit inside me.

Couldn't sleep after 6am and got up. Moped around and then realized dude I'm in HK. I can go see a bunch of new things today. I can eat a bunch of yum foods. I thought hey, that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment